We will not have a Wednesday evening livestream this week, but please plan to join us on Good Friday at 7pm for a special service!
You may mail your offering to the church or give online at https://communitybapt.com/give
STAY AWAKE AND PRAY
I. The Worst of Times; The Best of Times (vv.25-28).
A. Bad times are coming (vv.25-27).
1. Unprecedented cosmic disturbance. Joel 2:30-31, Isaiah 13:10, Ezekiel 32:7, Revelation 8:12, Daniel 9:24, 2 Thessalonians 2:3, Revelation 6:12-14
2. Fearful response. Revelation 6:14-17
B. The King is coming (vv.27-28).
1. They will see the Son of Man. Daniel 7:13-14, Revelation 1:7, Revelation 19:11-15
2. Hope for God’s people.
II. Picture of the End (vv.29-33).
A. The picture.
1. Consider the trees.
2. The lesson to observe.
B. The fulfillment of the picture.
1. The lesson applied.
2. Some things pass away. 2 Peter 3:10, Revelation 21:1-2
III. Live in Light of the Lord’s Return (vv.34-38).
A. Pay attention to yourself (vv.34-35).
1. Guard your choice.
2. Stay alert.
B. Last opportunities.
1. King Jesus was teaching.
2. People came to hear.
MINISTERS BY GOD’S GRACE
1 Corinthians 1:21
I. A Powerful Ministry (vv.7-10).
A. The power of God (vv.7-8a).
1. God gives the gift of ministry by His power.
2. God gives opportunity to the undeserving. 1 Timothy 1:15
B. The plan of wisdom (vv.8b-10).
1. Equipped to preach. 2 Corinthians 8:9
2. The purpose of preaching.
3. The result of preaching.
II. A Privileged Purpose (vv.11-13).
A. The eternal purpose in Christ (vv.11-12).
1. God’s purpose is realized in Christ.
2. In Christ, God gives us confidence.
B. The purpose for suffering (v.13).
1. The minister may suffer for others.
2. Suffering is for glory. Romans 8:18
Send a “greeting"
If you would like to send a greeting or a prayer request for us to share with everyone “on the air,” please send a message, picture, or a short 5-10 second video via email (email@example.com) or post it to our Faithlife Message Board. Need some ideas? Take a picture of you or your family watching the service this morning or take a short video just saying “Hello” and letting us know how you’re doing. Send your messages before noon so we can compile them to share in our evening service. Then, join the livestream 15 minutes early at 4:45pm to see everyone’s messages.